Technology Thursday

Hey folks! I hope you all are doing well, and are surviving the week. I want to give you guys a but of a break from what I usually would post, as I think a switch is well deserved. I had a pretty busy couple of weeks, so trying to give you good content has been a struggle, however, I am here, and I don't mind one bit.

Here are some tech updates I'm sure will make your week. Maybe you will find yourself on the hunt for one of these during your downtime. 

I don't know how you use to browse the internet, whether you are an old fart like me and actually digs out the laptop. You might be using your phone. If that is the case then the 5G might get your attention. Of course, this is not breaking news. 5G has been the talk for a while, and most of us are now using a 5G network. 

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I was perfectly fine with my 4G. I am not happy that 5G is going to cost me more money. However, it has been said that 5G is good for business, and if that includes small business count me in. If I am wrong on this, then you are more than welcome to correct me. I sort of am a want to be techy. So I am excited to see this give an extra push that smart cars and smart cities need. 


O.K. so I want to mention this new robot police dog that has been roaming NYC. As someone that is known to the city, I am somewhat not enjoying this welcome wagon. I can't see anyone backing this idea. Also, this robot-dog is horrifying, why do we have to live in a world where dystopian robo-dogs roam the streets of NYC. I know I am just a newly transplanted Newyorker, however, I know that there are plenty of HUMAN NYPD around that we don't need a creepy-ass robotic dog stopping New York City citizens. In addition, can you tell me why of all places they would test it out in the Bronx? I am a political person, but on this blog, I tend to leave politics out of my entertainment delivery.... I will give you guys your own glorious imaginations. 


On a lighter note, I need and want a shower speaker in my life. So why don't I, or anyone start with this Ampere Shower Power and turn out hygiene rituals into a concerto ... Or not. 

 Last words on tech: I want to know how many of you are getting in on the 8K game. I for one do not even see what the point is. I mean what is next? Do you want to see how many crowns or pours every character or person has on your T.V? Maybe they can personally deliver that touchdown in your living room. I am perfectly happy with 4K and to be honest, I sometimes feel it's too much. So is this a thing that is actually going to survive the mass audience? Are we going to get 8K players and discs now? I just don't see what the reasoning is. However, like many things, I may be eating my sock, and you can correct me. 


Comments

Popular Posts