Try these new food combos that will make you go YUM!

 

With the progress of things lighting up with the pandemic, you probably will start to have more visitors if not now, but in the near future again. Here are some of my foodie recommendations that will surely step up your food game for your guests and yourself. 

1.) Avocado and poached egg on toast- Get some nice fresh bread from your bakery, or you could even bake a fresh loaf at home which is even better. Poach some eggs, ( Remember the eggs have to be fresh.) peel some fresh avocados and slap those bad boys on that toast for a nice breakfast or even lunch. 


2.) Loaded mashed potatoes- Sure mashed potatoes are delish with just some butter, cream salt, and pepper. However, that can get boring. Give yourself and your guests something that will make them rethink mashed forever. Get you some bacon bits, best if you fried the bacon beforehand and put it into a processor or hand chop it. (Whichever you find easier) add a little sour cream, chives, peppers, jalapenos. Whatever else you might enjoy, You now have some re-vamped mashed. 


3.) French Onion Soup ( Made the French way) - Sure you ate tons of french onion soup at a pub or as a starter at a restaurant. However, have you really eaten a good French onion soup? Why not add some good cognac and a semi-sweet white wine to it. This will give it some extra flair and really step up your cooking game in the kitchen. You can find this great recipe in " Mastering the Art of French Cooking VOL 1. 


Never be afraid to try new ideas and techniques in the kitchen. Be fierce and have some confidence, you can do it! This is something that I myself had to learn, and I haven't been happier in the kitchen. Plus, my food game has stepped up immensely. I thought I knew so much from so many years in the kitchen both at home and professionally. However, I am constantly finding I am both wrong, and I am always learning something new. Whether it is a new technique or recipe. 



I hope to keep you guys on the up and up when it comes to cusine and food, as I feel it is very important in learning life and pop culture. If you have any ideas or techniques you would like to add in or let me know about , please feel free to reach out. 



As always remember to follow me on social media I am on Youtube- Adventures with Leah

                                                                                                Instagram - Learning life with Leah

                                                                                               Facebook - Learning life with Leah

                                                                                               Twitter-   -  @Learninglifewitheleah 

I also have a weekly podcast on Anchor.fm and you can catch most eps on wherever you listen to podcasts, including Spotify.  


Comments

Popular Posts